Blue or Purple
- Recycled net-style bags, nylon lining
- Top flap secures with Velcro and has outer zippered pocket
- Large zippered front pocket
- One zippered and two open pockets in interior
- Side pocket with Velcro closure for cell phone
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- 9.5" H x 13" W x 3" D (24.1 x 33 x 7.6 cm)
- Handmade in and fairly traded from Cambodia
Made by: Peace Handicrafts
Peace Handicrafts is a social-support business established in 2002 to provide training and employment opportunities to landmine victims, disabled persons and the deaf in Cambodia. Peace Handicrafts adheres to the philosophies of social responsibility and a clean green environment. Since 2002 it has been producing high quality products made from local hand-woven silks and recycled materials, and has become a leading exporter of these products to overseas markets.
Training priority is given to the disabled, the deaf and the underprivileged to gain the necessary skills to meet stringent quality requirements for export markets. An intensive training program has been developed to enable trainees to acquire the necessary skills to earn employment.
Through the work done at Peace Handicrafts, the artisans can support their families and provide them with an education that otherwise they would have never had. The artisans now believe that they have become worthy members of society and some of them aspire to open their own businesses.