Made by survivors, these 100% natural soaps are handcrafted by women in the red-light district of Bangladesh.
- Chai Masala Ingredients: coconut oil, palm oil, cinnamon oil, black pepper, clove and cardamom essential oil
- Ginger Neem Ingredients: coconut oil, palm oil, neem essential oil, neem powder and ginger root
- Coconut Lavender Ingredients: coconut oil, palm oil, lavender essential oil, coconut flakes
- Cinnamon Clean Ingredients: coconut oil, palm oil, cinnamon essential oil, catechu and cinnamon
- Lemon Ritha Ingredients: coconut oil, palm oil, lemon essential oil, myrobolan, and ritha dust
- 3.25 x 1.75" x 1" (8.2 x 4.4 x 2.5 cm)
- 3.5 oz
- Made in & fairly traded from Bangladesh
Made by: Prokritee
Prokritee is a fair trade company in Bangladesh which supports over 1,500 artisans in rural areas. Prokritee, which means "nature" in Bangla, is an agency that is dedicated to empowering disadvantaged women who have little or no other opportunities. Most of the women employed by Prokritee are the heads of their households because they have been widowed, divorced, or separated, they have little or no income, are landless with few or no assets, and are primarily rural.
Prokritee artisans feel proud to be able to produce handmade paper from water-hyacinths which causes waterways to be blocked and mosquitoes to multiply. With their handmade paper they make Christmas decoration and gift items. Most of materials that Prokritee artisans use are indigenous, recycled, bio-degradable and natural. Artisans use only natural and AZO free dyes when they produce colorful items.
Prokritee is a service-based agency that provides artisan organizations with management, product design and development, and marketing assistance. By providing jobs and skills for the women they are able to improve the women's standard of living and help them send their children to school. The women are paid a fair wage, offered training on quality awareness, health, savings, and gender equality, and are provided with a medical allowance and assistance, maternity leave, incomes bonuses, and loan options.